Game of Thrones Inspired Nails: Night's Watch Edition

So, if you've been reading my other blog, you know that I'm a big fan of Game of Thrones and I'm super excited that it's back for season 6.

For this week's episode, I decided to do a Night's Watch inspired manicure because I had a feeling (and I was correct) that important things were going to happen at the Wall in this episode.

Anyway, I started off with two coats of black polish because, of course, the Night's Watch wear black. I used Sally Hansen's Black Out, but you can use any black polish you have. It doesn't have to be anything special, just basic black.


Next, I applied a holographic top coat over four of my nails. I used Butter London Stardust, which has a nice rainbow effect, but any holo top coat will do. The rainbow holo reminds me a bit of the way light reflects on snow, which seemed very appropriate for Jon Snow. (Who is definitely my favorite reanimated corpse).

For my accent nail, I just put a coat of Butter London's Petrol overcoat over black. Petrol is kind of a bluish purple, so it makes the black look like a vampy teal. It sort of reminds me of black ice.


This is a very versatile manicure. You could do a holo top coat on all five nails if you wanted, or you could do the accent nail as a full manicure. The world is your oyster! Unless, of course, you're a member of the Night's Watch. Then, you have to follow the Lord Commander's orders. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Tarte 9 Ways To Shine Cheek Wardrobe

The Violet One Lash Primer by Milani: Review

HUGE Declutter (Winter 2019/ Spring 2020)