Reviews: TRIPLE-CHROME Liquid Lipstick by Ofra

A few weeks ago, I got an email from Ofra announcing the launch of their duo and triple chrome liquid lipsticks...and I basically lost my mind. Like, I died when I saw these lipsticks. Died. I don't even know how I'm writing this blog right now because I should be dead.


Seriously, this is definitely the coolest concept for a lip product that I've ever seen. I mean, why put just one color on your lips when you could have three? Three colors in one lipstick = absolute genius. So, the second I saw these lipsticks I was like "this is non-negotiable; I have to have this" and I ordered one right away.

I purchased my TRIPLE-CHROME (let me just repeat that: triple-chrome, as in THREE COLORS) liquid lipstick in the shade Fantasia, which is red, purple, and blue (in one lipstick!!!!). I'm inserting a video of myself wearing the lipstick and moving my head so that you can see the color shift.


Anyway, it came about a week ago, and the first thing I thought when I opened the box was "wow, this looks exactly like a duo-chrome nail polish." I mean, I know that they both have the same basic concept, but I just thought it was funny that nail polish trends are migrating to the face. In fact, Fantasia reminds me a lot of the nail polish shade We'll Never Be Royals by Color Club (which is a red-purple duo-chrome). Long story short, Fantasia is insanely pretty in the tube, but on the lips...not so much.

It slays me to have to say this, but I was disappointed by this product.

Slays me.

I am slain.


Although this product looks really nice and really pretty on the lips (see my video above), it was insanely difficult to apply. First of all, the formula is so thin that you don't really get any of the duo chrome effect on the first coat. It takes at least three coats to really make the triple-chrome effect evident. Which would be fine if this lipstick applied evenly, which it doesn't. It applies really spottily and leaves a ton of bald spots. Like, for some reason, I ended up with a ton of product on my bottom lip and almost none on my top lip, and it was really difficult to even it out. When you try to use the application wand to even out the lipstick, you end up wiping off half the lipstick you just applied, so I ended up using my fingers to even out the lipstick. Needless to say, it was a mess.

The texture is also a problem for me. Normally, liquid lipsticks dry down, but this one doesn't because you have to apply so many layers. So, you end up with a gloopy mess that doesn't last very long. You can't eat or drink with this lipstick on, and you have to be very careful not to rub your lips together.

All of this is completely unacceptable considering the price. Each Ofra lipstick costs $19.90, which, in my opinion, is too expensive for a product with this many issues. Don't get me wrong, Ofra's original liquid lipsticks are great and I highly recommend them. However, I think that they focused too much on making these lipsticks duo and  triple chrome and not enough on preserving the quality of the formula.

Long story short, this was a great idea that was poorly executed. It's really pretty and cool in theory, but, in practice, this is a really annoying formula to work with. I really wanted to recommend this product, but, unfortunately, I can't.

Final rating: 4/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Tarte 9 Ways To Shine Cheek Wardrobe

The Violet One Lash Primer by Milani: Review

Beautifully Bare Foundation Serum by e.l.f.: Review