August & September Nail Polish Favorites

So, last month I didn't really have very many favorite nail polishes so, instead of writing a blog post about just one polish, I decided to cover both August and September in one post. I've been having a lot of issues with my nails lately; they've been peeling a lot and super brittle. Consequently, I'm trying not to change my polish as often so that I'm not constantly subjecting my nails to the stresses of nail polish remover. Unfortunately, it also means that I wasn't able to try out as many polishes this month as I would have liked to. I did have some favorites though:

Mint Candy Apple by Essie - This was really my only favorite nail polish of August. It was such a busy month for me that I didn't really have as much time to play around with different polishes as I would have liked. However, this particular polish really stood out to me. As you can see in the picture, it is a gorgeous blueish green. In some lights, it looks like a Tiffany blue to me. A friend got this polish for me for my birthday (which was in August), and I really enjoyed wearing it during August. To me, it seemed like the perfect color to finish up the summer.
Mint Candy Apple by Essie
Untamed by Revlon - I think I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Revlon nail polishes are completely underrated. They make amazing polishes with amazing formulas at very reasonable prices. This particular polish, Untamed, is no exception. I bought Untamed because it just screamed autumn to me. It has a brownish, purple-y base that is packed with gold shimmers, reddish shimmers, and bronze-gold hex glitters. Amazingly, this polish is opaque in two coats and dries completely smoothly. Like, I can't emphasize enough how wonderful this formula is. And, when you get it on your nails, it's completely and utterly stunning (the picture does not do it justice). I love this polish so much that I might have to buy a backup bottle!
Untamed by Revlon
Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It by OPI  - I picked up this polish at Ulta a few weeks ago. The first thing I noticed was the name, which I thought was absolutely BRILLIANT. I almost laughed out loud when I saw it. Fittingly, I believe this polish is from the OPI Australia Collection (from a number of years ago). As you can see, it's a brilliant coral red. I know that coral isn't a super traditional Fall color, but red always makes me think of autumn, so it works for me.
Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It by OPI
Anyway, those were my favorite nail polishes this month. I know that it's a little weird to combine seasons of nail polish, but the premise of this blog was inspired by the Loch Ness Monster, so I don't think weird should be unexpected.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Tarte 9 Ways To Shine Cheek Wardrobe

The Violet One Lash Primer by Milani: Review

Beautifully Bare Foundation Serum by e.l.f.: Review