Review: 16HR Camo Concealer by e.l.f.

I follow the trends in the makeup community pretty closely, and recently I've noticed that everyone is really excited about the new e.l.f. Camo Concealer. I've heard it compared to the Tarte Shape Tape concealer, and it seems to be getting great reviews. So, of course, I had to try it out.

I picked up the Camo Concealer a few weeks ago, and I've been trying it out for a while, so I think I'm ready to give my review.

First of all, I want to say that the price of this concealer is excellent. It's only $5, which is pretty unbeatable. Drugstore prices seem to be gradually raising their prices in general, so it's nice to know that it's still possible to get a good deal.

It's avalible in 18 shades, which sounds pretty good. However, when you really look at these shades, there are really only 5 or 6 deep shades, which isn't very impressive. That being said, it's an improvement over other complexion products that e.l.f. has released in the past, so I guess they're making progress.

Now, let's talk about the formula. Even though e.l.f. doesn't market this product as a matte concealer, I consider this formula to be pretty matte, which is a mark against it in my book. I'm not a huge fan of matte complexion products. They're just not very flattering on my skin.

That being said, I think this concealer is fine. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. It gives good coverage, and it is certainly long lasting. It does crease a lot on me, but I find I can correct that by mixing in a little bit of another concealer. The only other problem with this concealer is that it dries very quickly, so you have to blend it out right away. It's easy to over-manipulate this concealer, and then you end up with a patchy mess. So, that's something you have to be careful about.

The first few times I tried this concealer, I really disliked it, but after trying it with a different foundation, I found that I liked it much more. I've found that this concealer is better with dewy or satin foundations, as opposed to more matte foundations. 

Overall, there are other drug store concealers that I prefer (the Wet n Wild Photo Focus Concealer and Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define Concealer come to mind), but I don't dislike this concealer. If you're looking for something matte with a lot of coverage, you might be very happy with this concealer.

Final rating: 5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Tarte 9 Ways To Shine Cheek Wardrobe

The Violet One Lash Primer by Milani: Review

Beautifully Bare Foundation Serum by e.l.f.: Review