Review: Amazonian Clay Blush Palette Color Wheel by Tarte

A few weeks ago, I saw that Tarte had just released their holiday line, including the Amazonian Clay Blush Palette Color Wheel. I saw it, loved it, decided I had to have it, saw that it was limited edition, panicked, and bought it. I didn't even think about it. Boom. Just like that.

Even though it is a limited edition palette, I believe it is still in stock on Sephora.com. So, in case you're thinking of picking it up, I wanted to give you a complete review of this palette (in case you like to make informed decisions, which obviously isn't for me (AKA Queen of the Impulse Buy)).

First of all, the packaging is simply gorgeous. Holiday packaging for cosmetics is usually pretty, but I was especially impressed with the purple and gold packaging of this palette. I've noticed that Tarte has really been stepping up their packaging in the past year or so, and I'm really impressed with their new packaging designs. Plus, the packaging of this particular palette is nice and sturdy, so I think it would be good to travel with.

Second of all, it's a great value for the money. The palette costs $44 and comes with 10 blushes; that's about $4.40 per blush. A full sized Tarte blush usually costs $28. So, even though the blushes in the palette are not as big as the full sized blushes, they're still a steal in terms of cost. Personally, the size of the blushes is not an issue for me because, in my experience, it's nearly impossible to use up an entire blush. Out of the 10 blushes, there are 7 matte blushes and 3 shimmer blushes. This palette would be especially good for someone who likes to wear many different blush shades and wants to try out a bunch of different Tarte blushes. Plus, some of the blushes in the palette are more like highlights than blushes, so you get a nice variety of products, and you can create a bunch of different looks. However, I will say that most of the blushes are on the pink side. Personally, I would prefer a wider variety of blush shades. If you don't like that, this probably isn't the palette for you.



The formula of the blushes is pretty standard for Tarte. They apply smoothly and evenly, and they're fairly pigmented (although it varies between shades, obviously). I have seen some people online saying that these blushes are more powdery than Tarte's other blushes, but I haven't observed that.

All in all, I would say that this palette is a must have for blush lovers and blush novices who want to experiment with different shades. Obviously, if you don't like Tarte's blush formula, this palette isn't for you. However, I think this is a great holiday release that will be a real crowd pleaser.

Final rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Tarte 9 Ways To Shine Cheek Wardrobe

The Violet One Lash Primer by Milani: Review

Review: The New Classics Palette by e.l.f.