Review: Solstice Highlighting Palette by Sleek

A few weeks ago, I wrote a First Impressions blog about the brand Sleek. In this blog, I talked about Sleek's Solstice Highlighting Palette. If you need to glow, you need this palette. Seriously, you better be ready to shine if you buy this palette because it will make you glow like the sun. Okay, scratch that; you might actually be brighter than the sun. Let's just say that it will make you shine like a supernova.

Okay, now that I've sufficiently hyped this palette, let me get into the actual review.

This palette comes with four highlights (three powder highlights and one cream highlight) and a little brush (which I don't really use). The palette costs €10.41, which is roughly $12 in American dollars (although, you will probably have to pay for shipping if you order from the USA). I think that that's an incredible value, considering the quality of the highlights. 

As you may have guessed, I was quite impressed with the formula of these highlights. They are incredibly glow-y, but they're not full of chunky glitter (thank goodness). They apply smoothly and don't have a lot of fall out. Unfortunately, the formula of the cream highlight isn't quite as good as the powder highlight formula. The cream highlight (Ecliptic) is a little drier and more patchy. I typically don't use it because it's sort of difficult to apply evenly. However, in fairness, I have insanely high expectations for cream highlights after using Colourpop's cream highlights (swoon). Anyway, in general, I love the formula of these highlights. They also seem to have the perfect amount of pigmentation for highlights. Personally, I don't like my highlights to be too pigmented because, obviously, I want it to be a blush topper, not a blush. However, I like my highlights to have some pigment so that they're not just straight glitter. The Solstice Highlighting Palette walks that line perfectly, in my opinion.


Speaking of pigmentation, I also think that this palette offers a really nice array of highlight shades. As you can see, it comes with a purple toned highlight, a gold toned highlight, a white toned highlight, and a pinkish purple highlight. Boom. Those are literally all the highlight shades I could ever need/want. However, I don't think these shades would work as well for someone with a deeper skin tone (I am extremely pale). Of course, we all wish that all makeup flattered all skin tones; unfortunately, that's not the way makeup works (although it would make shopping for makeup much easier). If you do have a deeper skin tone, I would suggest checking out Sleek's Midas Touch Highlighting Palette, which is a little darker in tone.



As you know, I'm a huge sucker for pretty packaging, and this palette certainly delivers on that front. As you can see, it comes in gorgeous gold packaging. Perfection. The packaging is also nice and sturdy, and I think it would be good to travel with. It also comes with a nice, big mirror, if you care about that sort of thing.  The only thing I don't like about the packaging is that the names of highlights aren't printed on the packaging. If you've been reading this blog for a while, you know that that really bothers me. I mean, what's the purpose of assigning names to highlights (blushes/eyeshadows/contours/etc.) if you're not going to label the shades? True, this palette did come with a little insert with the names of the shades printed on it, but who wants to keep a little piece of plastic like that.


Long story short, this palette is about as perfect as a highlighting palette could be (especially for the price, which is insanely low for the quality). If you don't have this palette, you need to march right on over to Sleek's website and buy it. Seriously, you need this in your life. I use it everyday, and I've barely touched my other highlights since I've added it to my collection.

Final rating: 10/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Tarte 9 Ways To Shine Cheek Wardrobe

The Violet One Lash Primer by Milani: Review

Review: The New Classics Palette by e.l.f.