Review: Ciaté London Olivia Palermo x Ciaté London Smokey Suedes Eye Palette

If making impulse buys was an Olympic sport, I would have several gold medals in that event. A few weeks ago, I was placing a Sephora order and I needed to spend an additional $7 to get free shipping, so, naturally, I bought the Ciaté London Olivia Palermo x Ciaté London Smokey Suedes Eye Palette, which was $19.50. Originally the palette was $39, so, when I saw that it was on sale, I had to have it. I wasn't even interested in it before it was on sale. But it was so cheap that I thought it was a crime not to buy it. That makes sense right?

Anyway, I have this palette now, so I'm going to review it. Unfortunately, it was limited edition and it is now out of stock on Sephora (probably because the sale was excellent). I feel a little bad about talking about a product that you can't get anymore, but I want to review it anyway because it's possible that you'll be able to find this palette in Sephora stores, and it gives you a point of reference for buying other Ciaté palettes.

Considering that I didn't have any expectations for this palette/ wasn't interested in this palette before it was on sale, I'm very impressed with it.

First of all, the packaging is simply gorgeous. As you can see, it's very sleek and elegant. I mean, it looks expensive. It's the sort of palette that I really try to keep clean (although, inevitably, all my packages get covered in powder and smudges, sigh). The only issue with the packaging is that the names of the shadows aren't on the palette. They are on the box that the palette came in, so I'm going to have to keep the box, which is a little annoying.

Of course, the formula of the shadows is more important than the packaging. I was quite impressed with the actual shadows. First of all, the palette has a nice array of shades. As the name implies, this palette is designed to create a smokey eye. However, it also has a few nice, neutral shadows that could easily be used to create an everyday look. None of the shades were super unique, and I probably have dupes in other palettes. However, the actual formula of the shadows is great. It's so buttery and soft and wonderful. I'm obsessed with the softness of these shadows. Plus, there is absolutely no fall out. I absolutely love it. However, I will say that these shadows are not super pigmented. That's not a problem for me because I don't mind buildable shadows. However, if you prefer super pigmented shadows, this might not be the palette for you.


Long story short, I was super impressed with the quality and formula of these shadows, even though they aren't very pigmented and the shades of the shadows aren't very unique. Personally, I probably wouldn't have bought the palette for the full price because I have a lot of dupes for most of the shades in the palettes. However, if you see it in Sephora and you want a really good quality palette with neutral and smokey shades, this is the palette for you.

Final rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Tarte 9 Ways To Shine Cheek Wardrobe

The Violet One Lash Primer by Milani: Review

Review: The New Classics Palette by e.l.f.