Sleek: First Impressions Fridays

Okay, so there's a bit of a story behind this First Impressions Friday. A few months ago, one of my friends went to England, and as soon as she told me she was going, I was like "get me British makeup!" Sleek is a British cosmetic brand, and I've been dying to try it forever. So, I gave my friend a HUGE list of Sleek products I wanted. Unfortunately, she couldn't find most of the products I wanted in stores.  But, by then, I had gotten my expectations up, and I had decided that I just had to own everything from Sleek. So, I decided I was going to order everything online no matter how much the shipping cost. Well, I got my Sleek package, I've tried out all the products, and now I have impressions.

i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette in Garden of Eden (€8.74) - I picked up this palette because I don't really have a lot of green eyeshadow. Obviously, green eyeshadow is not an everyday look, but I have green-ish eyes, so I think it suits me. First of all, the formula of the shadows is quite good, not perfect, but quite good. They're super pigmented and they don't have a lot of fall out, but they're a bit hard to blend. I've noticed that texture and blendability are the hallmarks of more expensive shadows. So, in this case, you get what you pay for. Don't get me wrong, I still think that these are really nice shadows, but I would prefer them to be a little more blendable and creamy. I'm also not the biggest fan of the packaging. I prefer palettes to have magnetic closures; this particular palette has a snap closure which is particularly difficult to open, which I find a little annoying. Plus, as you can see in the picture, the outside of the palette is black plastic, which tends to get dirty quickly and show finger prints. But, for the money, this palette is practically unbeatable.  If you like green, I think this would be an ideal palette for you. Final rating: 8/10


i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette in Goodnight Sweetheart (€8.74) - As I wrote above, I'm pretty impressed with the quality of Sleek's eyeshadows (especially since the shadows are so inexpensive). The formula of the shadows in this palette seems to be the same as the Garden of Eden palette, which I discussed above. The shadows are pigmented with very little fall out, however they are difficult to blend and not super creamy. This particular palette (the Goodnight Sweetheart palette) is better for everyday use than the Garden of Eden palette (above); as you can see it has a lot reds and brownish grays (or maybe they're grayish browns). I really like this palette, and I think it's especially good for Fall. However, it is limited edition, so, if you want it, be sure to pick it up soon. Final rating: 8/10


Solstice Highlighting Palette (€10.41) - Ugh, this palette. I love this palette so much. Maybe too much. I love it so much that I'm pretty sure my other palettes are getting jealous of it. Seriously, this is the most beautiful highlighting palette ever. You will glow like the sun with this palette. Glow. I love it. This palette comes with four highlights, three powder highlights, and one cream highlight. I don't really use the cream highlight very much, but the powder highlights are dynamite. Plus, the packaging is absolutely beautiful. It's gold and shiny and it has a magnetic closure. I love magnetic closures. Could someone please pinch me because I think I've died and gone to makeup Heaven. Final rating: 10/10


Blush in Rose Gold (€4.99) - Blush is one of those products that it's hard to screw up. Most brands, even drugstore brands, do a good job with blush for that reason. It doesn't have to be too pigmented, it doesn't have to blend very much, and the texture isn't super important. There's very little that can go seriously wrong with blush. That being said, Sleek pulls off blush pretty well. Their blushes are pretty pigmented, un-crumbly (is that a word?), and apply well. This particular shade, Rose Gold, is a very nice, shimmery pink that would probably look nice with most skin tones. The shade is certainly dupe-able, and the formula of the blush itself is nothing special, but it's still a very nice everyday blush. Final rating: 8/10


Blush in Suede (€4.99) - I've had this particular blush a little longer than the other Sleek products in this blog because it's one of the products my friend was able to find when she went to England. Like the blush above, this blush has a good formula. It applies evenly, it's pigmented, and the powder isn't crumbly. I mean, I don't know what else you could ask for in a blush. This particular blush is a nice, subdued orange-y brown color.  It's also a matte blush. It's perfect for Fall, and I like it a lot. Final rating: 8/10


All and all, I have to say that I'm quite impressed with Sleek as a brand. All of their products are very reasonably priced and good quality to boot. As I said above, I'm especially impressed with their highlighting palette (swoon). If you don't mind paying the shipping cost (and waiting for weeks for your makeup to cross the Atlantic), I would highly recommend this brand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Tarte 9 Ways To Shine Cheek Wardrobe

The Violet One Lash Primer by Milani: Review

Review: The New Classics Palette by e.l.f.