October Nail Polish Favorites

Last month, in my August/September nail polish favorites blog post, I talked out the issues I'm having with my nails. My nails have been really dry and damaged lately, and they've been breaking and peeling a lot. I'm trying to give my nails a break from the constant cycle of applying and removing nail polish; consequently, I left my nails bare for a few days between each polish change. So, unfortunately, I didn't get to wear too many polishes this month. However, I do still have a couple of favorite polishes to talk about.

Snowcone by Orly - This polish is a favorite purely because of its formula. It has a phenomenal formula, simply phenomenal. It's opaque in one coat, and it practically applies itself. It dries quickly, doesn't run, and levels out beautifully. Ugh. If only all polishes had formulas this beautiful. The color itself isn't anything special to me (I have approximately 10 million blue polishes). However, it is a pretty polish. As you can see, it's a lovely powder blue; it reminds me a lot of the color of Cinderella's ball gown in the original Disney movie. It does chip pretty quickly; however, it's so easy to apply that it's totally worth it.


Hinterland by H&M - So, apparently, H&M now has a cosmetics line. This isn't groundbreaking news, I know. But it's still a fairly new launch (the line has been around for about a year). My town just got an H&M (it hurts me how long it took), so I decided to mosey on down and check out their makeup. I picked up two nail polishes while I was shopping for makeup. This particular shade, Hinterland, is exactly my kind of color. I'm a sucker for dark, dark green. True, this shade isn't super unique, but it has a fantastic formula. It's opaque in one thick coat. That's right, a OCW. Not to mention that H&M nail polishes have fantastic brushes. They're so thick and wide that you can almost get your entire nail in one swipe. Swoon.


Treasure Chest by Powder Perfect - To me, this is a very autumnal polish. It's a brownish green polish loaded with glitter that flashes to magenta. It sort of reminds me of leaves changing colors, and I think it's very unique. Plus, as you can see, it's absolutely gorgeous. The polish is opaque in two thick coats (or three thin coats). However, it really needs a glossy top coat to make the glitter pop.


Those are my favorite polishes from the month of October; I'm sorry that I don't have more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Tarte 9 Ways To Shine Cheek Wardrobe

The Violet One Lash Primer by Milani: Review

Review: The New Classics Palette by e.l.f.